What confidential information do we obtain from our visitors?
All visitors are welcome to freely and anonymously browse our website and mobile application. However, they will be required to provide personal information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and other details when placing an order, or registering on our site/application to enhance their purchase experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when:
- You make an order placement
- Browse our website / application
- Give feedback or register a complaint
We collect your email address to:
- Send online order process information, address customer inquiries and confirm the billing information provided to us.
- Send updates regarding the order such as order process status.
- Send additional information related to your product and/or service including price, quantity and any information pertaining to its performance.
- Advertise to our customers.
If at any time, you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the end of each email and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
How is this information used?
The information obtained during sign up and order purchase may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize customer experience on our website/mobile application and to engage users in the type of content and product offerings that will best interest them.
- To improve our website/mobile application to better serve our customers.
- To allow us to respond effectively to customer service requests.
- To efficiently process transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To send periodic emails.
Why are we getting the following data of users?
- Location: To personalize the product listing for users and enhance the overall customer experience. The location is also necessary so that the orders can be delivered in time by the nearest Delivery Personnel.
- Contacts: The users can allow the app to access contacts. This enables the users to invite friends & family to join the Baskyt application so that the user can create Squads and avail amazing bulk order discounts.
- Date of Birth: DOB is being asked for in case of any Liquor products are being purchased in the USA, in which case, the an ID Verification is required for the order to be fulfilled.
- Photos (Profile Image): The user uploads their photo to personalize the mobile application by uploading their Photo to the App. The photo is visible in case of Squad Members joining the Squad and other users while scrolling through the Squad Products. The User’s photo is only visible to other users in case they have:
- Created a squad together
- the user has created a public squad for other users to join
- Payment Info: Payment information is asked for in order to pay for orders online. For US and Canada, the payment info is being saved with Stripe APIs and Stripe’s own privacy and safety applies as well. Basky does not save userss payment info on our databases and servers and all information is accessed using Stripe’s 3rd Party APIs.
- Phone Number: The user’s phone number is being used to authenticate that the user is real. 2 Factor Authentication process has been used where an SMS is sent using Twilio to verify if the user is not a bot. Further, the phone number is visible to the Delivery Personnel to contact the customer in case an order is placed.
How do we protect your information?
We use regular Malware Scanning and execute a variety of security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration and disclosure of a user’s personal data available on our site.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to disable cookies or get notified when a cookie is being sent on your web browser.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information in the absence of prior notice. However, it must be noted that third parties and partners who assist us in operating our website/mobile application or serving our customers are exempted from this, provided they keep this information confidential. Furthermore, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website/mobile application. Baskyt is not responsible for the content and/or privacy policies of these sites.
By accessing this Site, App and/or providing personal data to Baskyt, you hereby acknowledge that you have read this Policy and offer your consent to the processing of your personal data by Baskyt as per the course of our normal business operations.